Perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner. Serve with a green salad and slices of toasted, garlic-rubbed bread.
Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes
Calories: 107 calories
- 1 1/4 cups 360 Marinara Sauce, or your favorite prepared sauce, chilled
- 6 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Spread the tomato sauce in the 3.5 Quart Sauté Pan. Use a soupspoon to make six wells in the sauce.
- Crack an egg into a small, shallow cup or ramekin. Hold the cup as close to the sauce as possible and gently pour it into one of wells in the sauce. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until steam just begins to escape from under the lid.
- Spin the lid to engage the vapor seal then immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the pan from the heat and let stand, covered, for about 3 minutes until the whites are firm and the yolks are set, but still soft. (If the eggs are undercooked, replace the lid and let stand for another minute or two.)
- To serve use a large spoon or spatula to transfer the eggs and sauce to plates.