It’s important that the eggs cook in a single layer. If you want to make more eggs, increase the eggs to the desired amount, cooking them in one of our larger pot such as the 3-quart, 4-quart or even the 3.5-quart sauté pan. Be sure to use enough paper towels to cover the bottom whatever size pan you’re using.
Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Calories: 71 calories
- 4 large eggs
- 1 sheet paper towel, preferably unbleached
- Fold the paper towel to fit into the 1-quart Stock Pot.
- Wet the paper towel with water and place in the pot. (The towel shouldn’t be sitting in a pool of water. All the water should be held in the towel.) Place the eggs in a single layer on top of the wet towel.
- Cover the pot and heat over medium heat until steam just begins to escape from under the lid, about 3 minutes.
- Spin the lid to engage the vapor seal then immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook 5 to 6 minutes for soft-cooked eggs; cook 7 to 8 minutes for medium cooked eggs; cook 13 to 15 minutes for hard-cooked eggs.