Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Author: 360 Cookware
The superb construction of our pans ensures a completely scorch-free marinara sauce that practically cooks it self—no pot sitting required. Try this sauce with many of our Italian recipes including our Skillet Lasagna!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole Italian plum tomatoes in juice or puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or parsley
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat the olive oil in the 4 Quart Stock Pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and garlic, and season with salt.
- Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are softened.
- Pour the tomatoes and their juice into a large bowl and crush coarsely with your hands. (Or pulse briefly in a food processor.)
- Stir in the tomatoes, and sugar, and season generously with salt, and a few grinds of fresh pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer and for about 40 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the basil and Pecorino Romano cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with your favorite pasta or cool and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Shop This Recipe