Pan Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup White Onion, chopped into small dice
- 1-2 sprigs of Thyme
- 8 oz Baby Portobello Mushrooms (Crimini), cleaned and sliced
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 3-4 oz portions of Cubed Top
- Round Steak
- 1 1/2 oz Dry White Wine, divided
- 1 tbsp White Onion
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp Water, divided
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Unsalted Butter
Preparing the Pan Sauce:
- Preheat the 8.5" Fry Pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and butter to the pan. Gently swirl the pan to combine the ingredients.
- Add the garlic, 1/4 cup of white onion and the sprigs of thyme to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes until the onion becomes translucent. Stir occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 6-8 minutes until the mushrooms release their juices. Remove the thyme sprigs and discard. Transfer the mushrooms to a heat-proof bowl, cover and keep warm.
- Return the pan to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Swril to coat the bottom of the fry pan. Pat the cubed steaks dry with paper toweling. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Place the steaks in the fry pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer the steals to a serving platter. Cover and keep warm.
- Return the pan to medium heat and deglaze by pouring in 1 ounce of the white wine. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up all the crispy bits.
- Add white onion and 1 cup of water. Allow the liquid to come to a low boil.
- Mix together flour and 2 tablespoons of water in a mixing bowl. To create a "slurry" to ticket the sauce. Stirring the sauce constantly, at a low boil, slowly add the slurry to slightly thicken the sauce. Stir and cook at a low boil for one to two minutes. Reduce the heat to low.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Finish the sauce with 1/2 ounce dry white wine and 2 teaspoons of butter. Cook for 2 minutes.