- 2 tbsp Tequila
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2- 8oz Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 Small Head Butter Lettuce, separated into cups
Pineapple - Avocado Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 cup Fresh Pineapple, finely chopped
1 small Avocado, cut into 1/4 inch squares
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper, finely minced
- 1 small fresh Serrano Green Chile, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Juice from 2 Limes
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- Whisk together the tequila, lime juice, sugar, olive oil and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish and season on each side with salt and pepper. Add the tequila mixture and let marinade in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
Prepare the Salsa:
- Combine the fruit and vegetables in a medium bowl. Toss to incorporate. Add remaining ingredients. Stir, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat the 3.5 Quart Sauté Pan over medium heat until water droplets bead across the surface, about 2 minutes. Place the chicken breasts in the hot, dry skillet, and cook until the chicken comes away from the bottom of the pan with no resistance, and the skin is nicely browned.
- Turn the chicken, cover and cook over medium heat until steam just begins to escape from under the lid, about 5 minutes. Spin the lid to engage the Vapor Seal then immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Cool. When chicken is cool, shred into bite sized pieces.
- Serve in lettuce cups with Pineapple-Avocado Salsa. Add extra jalapeño or Mexican hot sauce for added spice!