Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions
Take Your Party to the Next Level
Baked Brie – an appetizer that is sure to take your next dinner party to the next level. Your friends and family will love this savory treat!
Developed by our very own 360 chefs, the brie is rich and creamy and the onions are wonderfully sweet. It’s a little time consuming to make, but worth the effort and definitely not difficult.
Try for yourself and let us know how you do!
360 Cookware Used: 3.5 Quart Sauté Pan w/ Cover, Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet – Large
This is very rich and creamy and the onions are wonderfully sweet. It's a little time consuming to make, but worth the effort and definitely not difficult.
Author: 360 Cookware
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 8 c. Onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ c. Dry white wine
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 Brie, 8" wheel packed in a box
- 2 French bread baguettes, sliced
- Prepare Onion Mixture
- Melt butter in the 3.5 Quart Sauté Pan over medium heat.
- Add onions; sauté until just tender, about 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add minced thyme and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook until onions are golden, stirring every 4-5 minutes, about 25 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup wine; stir until almost all liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar over onions and cook for another 10 minutes stirring once after 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ¼ cup wine; stir to deglaze the pan until liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cool. Can be prepared 2 days ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Baking the Brie
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unwrap Brie, reserving bottom of wooden box.
- Cut away only the top rind of the cheese, leaving the rind on the sides and bottom intact.
- Return the Brie to the box, rind side down.
- Place the box on a Baking Sheet.
- Spread the onion mixture evenly over the cut side of the Brie.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese just melts, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer Brie in its box to a platter.
- Surround with baguette slices and serve.
This and many other exclusive 360 Cookware recipes can be found in our Vapor Cooks Better cookbook.