Vegan Stovetop Lasagna
1 hour 30 mins
A vegan/vegetarian option for one of our most popular dishes!
Author: 360 Cookware
- 1 pound Portabella Mushroom, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 package No-Boil Lasagna Noodles
- 1 jar Marinara Sauce, 26oz (about 3½ cups)
- 8 ounces Vegan Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Herb de Provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a 3.5 Quart Saute Pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add chopped portabella mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Stirring occasionally, saute until the mushrooms are lightly brown, about 10 -12 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and saute just until the garlic is soft and aromatic, about 1 min.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Spray a light coating of cooking spray in the 2.3 Quart Casserole.
- Begin layering your lasagna by ladling ½ cup of the sauce into the bottom of the casserole and spread evenly.
- Use 2 of the lasagna noodles to make a layer and cover the sauce. (One noodle will need to be broken to fill smaller areas. Don't worry about being perfect, the noodles expand).
- Continue to build layers by spreading another ½ cup of sauce evenly over the noodles.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the shredded vegan mozzarella over the sauce.
- Then using a spoon, place ⅓ of the vegan cream cheese in small dollops on the shredded cheese.
- Use 2 more noodles to create another layer.
- Spread another ½ cup of the sauce evenly over the layer of noodles and then spread ½ the mushroom mixture over the sauce.
- Add another layer of 2 noodles.
- Repeat with another ½ cup of sauce and the second ⅓ of the shredded and cream cheeses, another layer of noodles and then another ½ cup of sauce and the last ½ of the mushrooms.
- Top with another layer of noodles and another ½ cup of sauce.
- Reserve the last ⅓ of the cheeses and the last ½ cup of sauce for later.
- Place the casserole on the stove at medium heat.
- When you see vapor escape from the side of the lid (approximately 5 minutes), spin the lid to set the vapor seal and turn the heat to low.
- Cook on low for 45 minutes.
- Remove the lid, spread the last of the sauce and cheeses on top of the lasagna, replace the cover and cook for a further 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the heat, let stand for 5 - 10 minutes and serve.
Tip: Alternatively, the lasagna may be cooked on the Slow-Cooker Base. Once assembled, cook the lasagna on Setting #2 for 2 hours. As with the previous method, place the last of the sauce and cheeses on and cook for an additional 10 minutes before serving.