- Vegetable Oil Spray
- 1/3 cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 medium-sized Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Spray the bottom and sides of the 2.3 Quart Casserole Pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and beat well.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add half of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Add half of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Beat to combined then add half of the mashed bananas. Repeat, adding the rest of the flour mixture then the remainder of the bananas. Blend well after each addition. Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan; cover the pan with its lid. Place the casserole pan over low heat for 60 minutes or until a metal cake tester inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Uncover let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove bread from the pan by inverting it on a cooling rack. The top of the bread will remain blond while the sides and bottom will be a deep golden brown. Finish cooling on rack.