The only thing better than comfort food to start your morning is quick and easy (and healthy!) comfort food… any time of day.
This Crispy Hash Brown Potato recipe is fast, filling, and oh-so-delicious! With the 360 Cutter, making fresh hash browns is super easy & accessible, anytime.
I am nothing short of a from farm-to-table, fresh food lover. Fresh ingredients not only taste best, but they are the best for us. Even with the daily challenge of being pressed for time, I try to use fresh ingredients whenever possible. We don’t always have the luxury of organic or farm fresh, but starting with fresh ingredients and using my 360 Cutter allows me to give into my fresh-food whims even when time is not on my side.
From first look, this handy kitchen tool looks a little daunting… But fear not! It’s actually very user friendly and makes fresh hash browns a quick reality!
I recently used the 360 Cutter for this Crispy Hash Brown Potatoes recipe while on a weekend getaway with my girlfriends. I was able to create a tasty, home cooked breakfast without spending half of our day-away in the kitchen!
3 simple ingredients & a few simple steps was all it took (see below for the full recipe).
Here’s a quick breakdown:
Step 1: Shred the potatoes using your 360 Cutter.
Step 3: Spread the potatoes in an even, thin layer across the hot oil. Press the potatoes, being sure to cover the entire pan.
Step 4: Allow to cook over medium heat until they brown and lift easily from the pan (about 5-7 minutes). Season, flip & repeat.
Step 5: Serve and enjoy better-than-restaurant-style Crispy Hash Brown Potatoes in minutes, home cooked and healthy!
This recipe is the perfect example of how simple, fresh ingredients and a little help from 360 Cookware can equal a delicious, comforting breakfast with very little time in the kitchen.
As my girlfriends discovered, I may have recently acquired an small addiction to Sriracha – a spicy sauce that perfectly tops my Crispy Hash Brown Potatoes complimented by a side of fried eggs. While I may be impartial to Sriracha, we would love to know how you top you crispy hash browns!
Share your topping suggestions that would enhance this quick & easy recipe by commenting below.
Cheers to homemade hash browns!
- 3 cups of shredded potatoes that have been thoroughly rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- ¼ cup peanut or canola oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the 11.5” Fry Pan over medium heat for two (2) minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of either peanut or canola oil to the pan. Let the oil heat for a couple of minutes. You’ll see a shimmer to the oil when it’s hot. Test the oil by dipping a strand of potato into the fry pan. If it sizzles and bubbles, the pan is ready.
- Add to the fry pan, three cups of shredded potatoes. Be sure the potatoes are dry. Water and hot oil will cause spattering. Press the potatoes down to cover the bottom of the fry pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-heat six (6) to seven (7) minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for an additional five (5) minutes until the potatoes brown on the bottom.
- Turn the potatoes over using a heat-proof turner. You don’t need to flip all the potatoes at once, just take it section by section until they’ve all been turned. Pat the potatoes together to make a large pancake shape.
- Cook an additional ten (10) minutes over low heat.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving platter.
- Taste, re-season if necessary then serve.
11.5″ Fry Pan or Square Griddle and 360 Cutter