- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound brisket, trim.med of fat salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 package ramen noodles (seasoning discarded)
- 2 cups baby greens (spinach, kale, chard or bok choy)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Sriracha, to taste (optional)
- Heat oil on 4 Quart Stockpot on the stove. Sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add onion, mushrooms, saute until soft.
- Season brisket with salt and pepper, then place on top of the vegetables. Add water to cover the brisket. Cover and transfer to Slow Cooker Base. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from stockpot, let cool and cut into bite size pieces.
- Add meat, carrots and ramen noodles to stockpot. Add more water, if needed. Bring to a boil and cook until noodles are done.
- Stir in greens and soy sauce.
- Serve and garnish with scallions. Add Sriracha (optional).
By: Jennifer Treadway
Leave a comment