Chutneys are chunky and spicy. They compliment meat dishes adding a sweet and sour bite. Serves:
- 2-large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1” chunks (Gala or any sweet apple)
- (This should yield about 3 ½ cups of apple chunks)
- ½ cup of golden raisins
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons of Sherry Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon candied (crystallized) ginger, finely chopped
- 4 whole allspice berries
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine and stir all the ingredients in the 360 by Americraft 2-quart saucepan. Cover the pan and place over medium heat.
- Cook until steam just begins to escape from under the lid. (5-7 minutes) Spin the lid to engage the Vapor Seal. Immediately reduce the heat to low, continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the saucepan and raise the heat to medium-low. Allow the chutney to simmer until the liquid has reduced and takes on a syrupy consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve warm or chilled.
***Tip: Our Apple Chutney goes well with the Achiote-Rubbed Pork Chops.