- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ¼-inch rounds
- 2 to 3 jarred roasted red peppers, seeds removed, and cut into approximately 2-inch by 2-inch pieces,
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced, and cut into approximately 2-inch by 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 1 ½ cups 360 Marinara Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the zucchini with salt and pepper.
- To build stacks place one piece of zucchini on a cutting board or cookie sheet and spread with a thin layer of pesto.
- Cover the pesto with a piece of the mozzarella, followed by a piece of roasted pepper, a piece of zucchini, another thin layer of pesto, and a piece of roasted pepper. Finish the stack with a piece of mozzarella.
- Repeat with remaining vegetables, pesto, and cheese. Secure each stack with a toothpick at opposite ends.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the 3.5 Quart Sauté Pan.
- Carefully arrange the stacks in the pan about an inch apart on top of the sauce.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until steam just begins to escape from under the lid, about 5 minutes.
- Spin the lid to engage the vapor seal then immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 10 to 12 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the cheese is melted.
- To serve remove the toothpicks and divide stacks among small plates. Spoon the sauce around each portion and garnish with a dollop of pesto. Serve.