- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red, orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping Tablespoon (or to taste) Chili Powder
- 1 acorn squash, peeled, large dice, seeds removed
- 2, 16 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2, 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Kosher salt to taste
- 360 Cookware 4 Quart Slow Cooker
- Place your 360 Cookware 4 Quart Stock Pot on stove burner.
- Add oil, heat to medium-low and add diced onions and diced peppers.
- Add 1 teaspoon of kosher salt to onion pepper mixture.
- Add ground cinnamon and chili powder and stir into onion and pepper mixture. This helps “bloom” spices.
- Continue to sauté until onions and peppers are tender, about five minutes.
- Add acorn squash, black beans, tomatoes, and stock.
- Increase heat to medium and bring to simmer.
- Cover stock pot and place on 360 Cookware Slow Cooker Base.
- Cook on setting 3 for 2 hours or cook on setting 1 ½ for 5-8 hours.
*Suggested accompaniments: cooked quinoa, cooked brown rice, Greek yogurt, sour cream, grated cheese, chopped cilantro, tortilla chips.
By: Sheila Reese