- 1 2 1/2 to 3 lb chicken, cut-up into pieces
- 1 10.5-oz can Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 1-lb pkg Frozen Chinese Pea Pods or 1 10-oz pkg Frozen Peas
- 1 2-oz jar Sliced Pimentos, undrained
- 1 8-oz can Sliced Water Chestnuts, drained
- 1 8-oz can Mushroom Stems and Pieces, undrained
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 2 tsps Soy Sauce
- Place chicken in the 4 Quart Stock Pot with the largest pieces on the bottom. Add broth, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper and cover.
- Place stock pot on the Slow-Cooker Base and simmer at Setting #3 for 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Add pea pods or peas, pimentos, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes on Setting #3.
- Remove solid foods with slotted spoon and place in serving bowl. Increase heat to Setting #4.To thicken broth, dissolve corn starch in cold water. Stir into broth and add soy sauce. Stir until thickened. Pour overchicken.
- Serve chicken with hots teamed rice and additional soy sauce, if desired.