Marsala Shrimp with Yogurt-Chutney Sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- canola oil spray
- 1 lbs (16-20 count) raw shrimp, tail on, peeled and deveined
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh mint, chopped
- 1tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp mango chutney (store bought)
Instructions (Preparing the Shrimp)
- Combine the coriander, salt, red chili flakes, pepper, garlic, shallots, ginger, lime juice and oil in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and lave to marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to two hours.
- Heat the 11.5" fry pan over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray. Sear shrimp for a couple minutes on each side or until pink and just firm, careful not to overcook.
Instructions ( Preparing the Yogurt-Chutney Sauce)
- Whisk the mustard seeds, yogurt, lime juice, cumin and chutney in the container of a blender. Been until smooth and creamy. Serve shrimp with dipping sauce. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.