Mediterranean Spice Burgers
Goes great with our 360 Pick-Up Sticks French Fries
Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Calories: 490 caloriesIngredients
Mediterranean Spice Mix
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- ½ lb. ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean Spice Mix (Recipe below)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 1-teaspoon coriander seed
- 1-teaspoon cardamom seed (Pods removed)
- 1 stick of cinnamon (Broken into 2 pieces)
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- Mix together in a medium bowl the lamb, turkey, 1-teaspoon of the spice mix, and
- the feta cheese (if desired).
- Divide the mixture into four equal parts and form into burger patties.
- Sprinkle both sides of the patties with the Mediterranean Spice Mix.
- Heat the 360 by Americraft 3.5 quart sauté pan over medium heat. The pan is ready when sprinkled water droplets dance on the surface of the pan.
- Place the burger patties in the pan. (You should hear a definite sizzle.) Add 1teaspoon of water to the center of the pan. Cover the pan with the lid. Immediately reduce the heat to low.
- Cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid. Turn the burgers. Replace the lid and cook on low until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 160 F. (Approximately 3-4 minutes)
- Transfer the burgers to a plate and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve on a buttered, toasted hamburger roll with leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, shaved red onion and a big dollop of our *Yogurt-Cucumber Sauce.
Make the patties thin with a well in the center. This will keep them in a nice burger shape during the cooking process.Mediterranean Spice Mix
- Toast the cumin, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves in a dry 360 by Americraft 7” fry pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Swirl the pan often to avoid burning the mix.
- Place the toasted spices in a spice mill and grind to a powder. Transfer the spices to a small jar or bowl.
- Add 2-Tablespoons of kosher salt and ¼-teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper to the mix.
- Stir to mix. In an airtight container, this spice mix should remain fresh for 6 months.