Did Somebody Say Cornbread?
One of our most favorite things is this cornbread, served warm and slathered with salted butter and creamed honey or as is, alongside a big bowl of chili.
If you don’t devour the whole pan in a day or two, freeze it to use as stuffing, as a crumb coating for pork chops, or cubed, toasted, and tossed into soups or salads.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Author: 360 Cookware
3.5 Quart Sauté Pan
- 1 ½ cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Spray the 3.5 Quart Sauté Pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk and eggs in another bowl.
- Whisk the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture until just blended.
- Fold in the butter and scrape the batter into the prepared skillet.
- Smooth the batter out to the edges of the pan.
- Cover the pan and cook over low heat until the cornbread has risen and a few moist crumbs cling to a cake tester, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This and many other exclusive 360 Cookware recipes can be found in the Vapor® Cooks Better Cookbook.
Shop This Recipe