Cranberry Sauce with a kick!
This sauce delivers an unexpected kick! Use it as a condiment on burgers, turkey sandwiches, or as an fun twist on a traditional side at Thanksgiving dinner.
Warmed up it serves as a final glaze for chicken or pork.
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 Tablespoons shallots (minced)
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce (minced)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Combine the cranberry sauce, chicken stock, shallots, sprig of thyme, Chipotle pepper, salt, and pepper in the 360 1 Quart Saucepan.
- Cover the pan with the lid.
- Heat contents over medium heat just until vapor begins to escape from under the lid.
- Spin the lid to engage the vapor seal.
- Immediately reduce the heat to low.
- Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes to allow the flavors of the thyme and pepper to infuse.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Remove the lid.
- Remove and discard the thyme sprig.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Transfer sauce to a bowl to cool.
- Adjust seasonings (salt and pepper) to taste.