Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Author: 360 Cookware
The superb construction of our pans ensures a completely scorch-free marinara sauce that practically cooks it self—no pot sitting required. Try this sauce with many of our Italian recipes including our Skillet Lasagna!
Check out this recipe from the 360 Vapor® Cooks Better Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole Italian plum tomatoes in juice or puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or parsley
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat the olive oil in the 4 Quart Stock Pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and garlic, and season with salt.
- Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are softened.
- Pour the tomatoes and their juice into a large bowl and crush coarsely with your hands. (Or pulse briefly in a food processor.)
- Stir in the tomatoes, and sugar, and season generously with salt, and a few grinds of fresh pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer and for about 40 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the basil and Pecorino Romano cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with your favorite pasta or cool and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Shop This Recipe