- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3/4-1 pound), torn into medium-size pieces (1 1/2” x 1/2”)
- 12 ounces dried organic fettucine noodles (Your favorite brand)
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (1 stick cut into tablespoon-size portions)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in the 6-quart 360 stockpot using
- 4 quarts of salted water. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta when it is cooked just under al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Place the pats of butter and the smashed garlic cloves in the 360-11.5 inch fry pan. Melt the butter over medium-low heat, about 5 minutes. Let the butter become foamy but don’t let it brown.
- Add the chicken stock and the heavy cream. Stir to combine and raise the heat to medium. Allow the liquid to come to a low boil. Let the liquid reduce and thicken for 3-5 minutes. Remove the garlic cloves and discard them.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded parmesan cheese. When the cheese has melted, return the pan to medium heat. Taste the sauce, then season everything lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked chicken, pasta and reserved pasta water. Using tongs, stir the pasta, chicken and sauce together. Allow the pasta to cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with additional shredded parmesan cheese.
Hint: Dried cheeses often contain salt. When adding cheeses to a sauce, season lightly at first to avoid over salting. You can adjust seasoning in the ending steps of the recipe.