Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Approximately 3; 8 ounce jars
- 1 (12-ounces) 3 Daughter’s Brewing St. Pete Beach Blonde Ale
- Zest of 1/2 orange, in large strips
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Bring the ale, orange zest, and ground cardamom to a gentle boil in a 2 Quart Saucier Pan over medium heat; cook, stirring, until reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes. Add the butter and brown sugar and cook, stirring only if the mixture looks like it might boil over, until thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the cream and cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, remove zest with tongs, and stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Let the caramel cool slightly, top beignets with or transfer to ramekins and serve alongside beignets as a delicious dip.
- Extra sauce will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe by Chef Emily Ellyn, more at EmilyEllyn.com