- 3 tbsps Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tbsps Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsps plus 2 tbsps Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsps Agave Syrup
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Seitan, chopped into 1” pieces
- 3-4 Scallions, chopped
- 1 Red or Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Asparagus, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 cup Sliced ShitakeMushrooms 1 cups Broccoli,chopped
- Place the 2 Quart Sauce Pan over medium heat and add the hoisin sauce, sesame oil, 2 table spoons soy sauce, rice vinegar, agave syrup, veggie broth, garlic, ginger and cornstarch. Bring to a simmer until the mixture thickens (about 3 minutes). Remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in the 3.5 Quart Sauté Pan over medium to high heat. Add the seitan and fry until lightly browned. Add the scallions, bell pepper, asparagus, shitakes and broccoli and stir-fry another 2–3 minutes, until the veggies are crips-tender.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the broccoli has softened.
- Serve immediately with soba noodles.