- 1 Clove Garlic peeled and cut in half
- 1 cups of dry white wine
- 1/2 lb. of grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1/2 Ib. of grated Raclette, Asiago or Gouda Cheese
- 1 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper....to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons good Cognac or Brandy….to taste
- Pinch flaked Sea Salt
- Bread Cubes and Veggies for dipping as desired
- Rub the sides and bottom of your 2.3 Quart Casserole Pan with garlic.
- Place the 2.3 Quart on Slow Cooker Base and add 1 cupped dry white wine. Place cover on top.
- Turn to setting 4 and heat the white wine until Vapor begins to escape.
- Add 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Reduce heat to setting 2.
- Toss Cheeses in mixing bowl with 1tbsp of cornstarch and mix well.
- Add cheese mixture by handsfull stirring gently with wooden spoon.
- After gradually adding all cheese and allowing cheese to melt into wine, turn to setting 1 and stir in 1-2 tbsp of Cognac or Brandy.
- Add a pinch of sea salt.
- Add Fondue nesting lid to your 2.3 Quart. Enjoy!
*Note, if cheese fondue becomes too thick, add a splash of reserved wine and stir to blend
By: Sheila Reese